Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Fatty Bombastic!

So I stumbled upon what people of the Interwebz calls "The Fatty". In a nutshell, it's a bacon weave wrapped around a layer of breakfast sausage (or ground beef or turkey)wrapped around whatever your mind can imagine stuffing inside.

This is the first one I ever made. I used ground beef and stuffed it with a smoked turkey sausage and cheese.



 
For the first time ever making one, it wasn't bad. I think I expected more of an explosion of flavor. That was my fault though, I should have marinated the ground beef better and maybe used a packet of Lipton Burger Mix or something as if I was making burgers. 

My second time making one was much better and much more flavorful as I went the breakfast route and used breakfast sausage. For the stuffing I put 4 or 5 hard boiled eggs and cheese in the middle and wrapped it up! 

This is the last one that I've made so far. I stuck with breakfast sausage but i also flattened out a packet of
cream cheese, cooked up a few eggs and threw some cheese in before wrapping up.
The thing I love about these are that the possibilities are endless. I've seen some crazy creative ones and they all look and sound so delicious. Next I'd like to try a turkey bacon weave and use ground turkey and see how that comes out you know because...all things moderation even succulent delicious bacon weave!


Benjamin Catapia Chiang

No comments:

Post a Comment